Oranmore Community Development Association Officialdom
Board of Directors 2015/2016
All directors can be contacted via this website or by writing to
or telephoning the Community Resource Centre.
|Social & Cultural
There is no necessity for formal membership, as the Association aims to serve all inhabitants of Oranmore and surrounding district equally.
- The Assocation shall be managed by a Board of Directors, consisting of the following officers: Chairperson, Vice-Chairperson, Company Secretary, Financial Director and Chairpersons of the various sub-committees.
- Members of the sub-committees shall be recruited/selected/appointed at the discretion of the Chairperson of the respective sub-committee.
- The Board of Directors shall be elected at the A.G.M. of the Board of Directors.
- The Board of Directors may suspend or disband a sub-committee which is considered to be either ineffective or failing to conform to the rules of the Association, as defined in the constitution.
- The Board of Directors may co-opt members who, because of their leadership, specialist knowledge and interest are considered to be suitable for the particular work in hand.
- Further sub-committees may be formed and the Chairperson co-opted to the Board, with the approval of the Board of Directors.
- The Director shall serve for a period of one year and are eligible for re-election at the AGM.
- The Board of Directors shall have power to fill any casual vacancy on the board until the next AGM or appropriate election/nomination time.
- The Chairperson at any meeting shall, in the event of equality voting, have a second or casting vote.
- All correspondence by any sub-committee must have prior clearance from either the Chairperson or the relevant sub-committee, or an Officer of the Association.
- All funds of the Association shall be deposited, as soon as possible after receipt, in such bank as the Association may, by resolution, designate and all cheques shall be issued on behalf of the Association, and shall be signed and presented by the Chairperson of the relevant sub-committee to the Finance Director, who must countersign all cheques. All monies received from sub-committees shall be recorded as such and will be fully receipted, and with records available for inspection. These funds will be available to the respective sub-committee, as and when required. The disbursement of any surplus funds shall be at the discretion of the Board of Directors
- The financial year of the Association shall end on the 31st of December in each year, to which date the accounts shall be consolidated and balanced and a statement presented to the next AGM. All sub-committees must co-operate and make their balances available to the Financial Director, not lager than two weeks after the end of the financial year.
- The accounts of the Association shall be agreed and audited before the date of each AGM by the official auditors of the Association, appointed by the Board of Directors, at the AGM.
- A General Public Meeting shall be held on a date in February of each year. Extraordinary General Meetings may be called by resolution of the Board or by written request of thirty members of the community.
- Notice of General Meetings shall be displayed publicly in such a manner and in such places as to ensure that the community will have ample notification of date, time and place of meetings.
- All members of the community are entitled to attend and take part in the business of all General Meetings.
- All meetings of the Board of Directors shall be, unless otherwise agreed and specified, private.
- The Board of Directors shall meet as often as may be necessary, but at least six times per year. Typically, meetings are held monthly.
- A quorum of any ordingary meeting shall be six members of the Board of Directors and shall include at least one officer.
- Members of the community wishing to have particular issues discussed or action taken should, in the first instance, discuss same with the chairperson of the appropriate sub-committee.
The Association shall endeavour to maintain continuous contact with the community which it represents, and must at all times keep it informed of all plans, activities and progress.
Interpretation of rules
The Board of Directors is the sole authority for the interpretation of these rules (constitution) and any byelaws made thereunder.
Amendment of rules
These rules (constitution) may be amended only by a proposal from the Board of Directors and the affirmative vote of two-thirds of the members present at a General Meeting of the Association.
Affiliation to other bodies
The Association may affiliate to National or other Bodies at the discretion of the Board of Directors.